About the Journal
Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat, with ISSN 2579-8391 (Online) dan 2579-8375 (Print) published by Asosiasi Dosen Pengembang Masyarakat (ADPEMAS) Forum Komunikasi Dosen Peneliti (FKDP). It's a biannual refereed journal concerned with the practice and processes of community engagement. It provides a forum for academics, practitioners and community representatives to explore issues and reflect on practices relating to the full range of engaged activity. This journal is a peer-reviewed online journal dedicated to the publication of high-quality research focused on research, implementation
The mission of Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat is to serve as the premier peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal to advance theory and practice related to all forms of outreach and engagement. This includes highlighting innovative endeavours; critically examining emerging issues, trends, challenges, and opportunities; and reporting on studies of impact in the areas of public service, outreach, engagement, extension, engaged research, community-based research, community-based participatory research, action research, public scholarship, service-learning, and community service.
To submit your article to Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat ;
- You have to Register or Login to submit your or.
- You can access the manuscript format from the author guidelines.
- Download Template (Indonesia), Template (Inggris)
We proudly announce that Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat is Accredited “Rank 3” (Peringkat 3) as a scientific journal under the decree of the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia, Decree No 10/E/KPT/2019, April 04 2019
Focus and Scope
The mission of Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat is to serve as the premier peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal to advance theory and practice related to all forms of outreach and engagement . This includes highlighting innovative endeavors; critically examining emerging issues, trends, challenges, and opportunities; and reporting on studies of impact in the areas of public service, outreach, engagement, extension, engaged research, community-based research, community-based participatory research, action research, public scholarship, service-learning, and community service.
ENGAGEMENT aims to provide a forum for international researchers on applied Society Development and Engagement to publish the original articles.
The scope of ENGAGEMENT are Society Development and Engagement.
This journal contains research-based community service results such as PAR (Participatory Action Research), ABCD (Asset Based Community Development), CBR (Community-Based Research), Service Learning, Community Development, and other methodologies.
ENGAGEMENT accept submission from all over the world. All accepted articles will be published on payment of an article-processing charge, and will be freely available to all readers with worldwide visibility and coverage.
Peer Review Process
In the reviewing process, there are at least two reviewers for each manuscript in the related topic. In addition, author(s) can also propose the candidate of reviewers. Judgement from the first reviewer will be main priority for editor to make decision, if there are only two reviewers. In case of three reviewers, decision will be made from at least two reviewers. Three weeks will be needed for reviewer to complete one round reviewing process.
Generally, the candidate of reviewers will be chosen based on their reputation in the international publication number and quality. Next step, The Editor send the invitation letter for each candidate of reviewer. After the candidate of reviewer informed their availabilities for reviewing process, Editor create account for each reviewer and then send manuscript by OJS.
All reviewing process are in double blind review and managed by editor in the OJS.
Articles are evaluated on the criteria outlined below.
- The appropriateness or fit for the mission of the ENGAGEMENT
- The significance in contributing new knowledge (advancing a field of study; or providing best practices or lessons-learned);
- The rigor and appropriateness of the scholarship; and
- The readability and flow of the information and ideas presented.
Additional criteria based on the following manuscript types: as a research article, as a reflective essay; as a project with promise article; as a dissertation abstract; or as a book review.
ENGAGEMENT published twice in a year, May and November
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options,
- Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA)
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Already have a Username/Password for ENGAGEMENT?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
ENGAGEMENT, is a proper channel for publication of papers in Society Development and Engagement. Manuscripts reporting experimentation or research in field crops will be accepted for review as papers.
This guideline is regenerated since publication from May 2018. So the manuscript that has been publish since December 2018, follow this Author Guidelines.
File to download:
Before You Begin
Here introduces the manuscript, and put a nomenclature if necessary, in a box with the same font size as the rest of the manuscript. The paragraphs continue from here and are only separated by headings, subheadings, images and formula. The section headings are arranged by numbers, bold, 12 pt and with Cambria Font. Total words in Manuscript is range from 4000 to 8000 words.
Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat manuscript should be divided into the following sections: (1) Title page, (2) Abstract and Keywords (4) Introduction, (5) Methods, (6) Results and Discussion, (7) Conclusion, (8) Acknowledgements if any, and (9) References. Filling the title page is required when your manuscript is ready to publish. The manuscript title should be clear, concise, informative, and limited to 10 words including conjunctions. Subtitles, colons, and nonstandard abbreviations are unacceptable.
For Author that will submit the new manuscript to our system, please remove the name of Author because our peer-review process is double-blind review. You as an author will be required to accept the Journal Publishing Agreement for when you submit your manuscript to our journal. This agreement covers authorship, originality and conflicts of interest. Please read this agreement to ensure your submission complies.
To verify the originality of your manuscript, it will be checked by the plagiarism detection service TURNITIN. Please write your manuscript into our template that we provide.
Your submitted manuscript must be in good, grammatically correct English. If English is not your native language, you should seek the help of an English Language Editing service or professional translator. If your manuscript is accepted to be published on our journal, we also arrange a proofreading process to make sure language on your manuscript is suitable for academic purpose. The type of English for this manuscript is "American English".
All manuscripts must be formatted to 30 mm margins, single-spaced, with Cambria 12 point font, with page size of 210 mm x 297 mm ( A4 size). Including the body of the manuscript, references, endnotes, tables, and figures, all material should be no longer than 10 single-spaced pages. The Manuscripts should be written in English and prepared in accordance with the submission guidelines of the journal. The total word count of the manuscript should be between 6000 to 8000 words.
On this journal, type of manuscript is Applied Science Paper. A applied science paper is based on original research related to community engagement program. The kind of research depends on your field or the topic of community engagement (a program that has be done, an experiment, the impact of your program, survey, interview, questionnaire, etc.). The research paper will be based on the analysis and interpretation between theory and community engagement program and you need to explain the problems faced by the local community where the program is conducted.
Insert your abstract text, maximum 250 words providing trial information under the following sections. First, background. Provide context or background for the study and state the study’s primary objective or hypothesis in 1–2 sentences, is it theory review of community engagement or description about community engagement that has be done. Also, mention and explained the theory that support your research, especially theory about community engagement, community services and community development. Also, author include hypothesis (if any) which explained the tentative of result. Second, methods. Describe the basic procedures used during the study, including selection of study subjects and observational and analytical methods. Define the primary outcomes that were measured for each group of subjects about implementation of community engagement. Third, results and discussion. Summarize the main findings, including specific effect sizes and their statistical significance, if possible. Include (if relevant) the number of participants in each group, the primary outcome for each group, and any significant adverse events or side effects. Also, please explain the previous research and relation between your theory and your result. Fourth, conclusion. In 1–2 sentences, state the principal conclusions, emphasizing new and important aspects of the study or observations in aspect of community engagement
Authors must supply five alphabetized keywords or phrases that identify the most important concepts in their paper. Examples of keywords could include theoretical concepts, methods used, geographical areas, or common community development themes. Keywords are separated with semicolon (;).
An Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat manuscript should be divided into the following sections: (1) Title page, (2) Abstract and Keywords, (4) Introduction, (5) Methods, (6) Results and Discussion, (7) Conclusion, (8) Acknowledgements if any, and (9) References.
Introduction Section contains an explanation why the issues need to be researched (research significance) and all supporting data or scientific evidence based on personal observations or the results of other researcher studies. The formulation of this research problem is always based on real conditions and objectively scientifically. Community engagement mean the services to society, applying science and technology based on their field, increasing the capacity of society, and community empowerment.
There is no theoretical background section in this manuscript. But, you must input your theoretical background on Introduction section. Theoretical background contains previous theories as the basis of research and the temporary hypothesis. The theory can be in the form of scientific articles, articles in journals, textbooks, or other sources of scientific writing. This theory will be used to provide state of the art of your manuscript from research problems that have been proposed. In the context of community engagement, the theory that should be used primarily is the theory related to community engagement, community development, or community services. Other theories that are still needed to solve the problem of research to support theories that are delivered after the theory of community engagement is discussed.
After the theories are mentioned and discussed, you need to form a problem that show why this manuscript is important, existing gaps, previous research and you as an Author must write the purpose of the manuscript.
Example of the existing gaps and previous research statement is in the end of Introduction section (after theories are mentioned and discussed): “........ (short summary of background)....... A previous researchers is explained on ....... This research is limited on ........ Indeed, this research intends to ................. The purpose of this research that related about community engagement are .........”.
Methods are the means used by the author to answer the existing research problem. The method must clear with the location and time of the research, the population and sample of the research, the research variables and the research data. The method of your manuscript also mention detail of your community engagement program.
3. Result and Discussion
Result and discussion contains results obtained by the author during the research. The results of the research submitted in advance as a whole, which continues by doing the process of discussion. The discussion is presented systematically from general, then leads to the specific. Presentation of the research can be done with the help of tables, drawings/graphs, maps/plans, and schemes.
Result and discussion of your manuscript also interconnected with your theory that used, included novelty of your manuscript about community engagement. Also, your manuscript is based on the result of your community engagement program and what is the implication of this community engagement program to community. Minimum of your explanation on this chapter is range 40% to 50% of your manuscript.
Files must be in MS Word only and should be formatted for direct printing. Figures and tables should be embedded and not supplied separately.
Please make sure that you use as much as possible normal fonts in your documents. To avoid unnecessary error you are strongly advised to use the ‘spellchecker’ function of MS Word. Follow this order when typing manuscripts: Title, Authors, Affiliations, Abstract, Keywords, Main text (including figures and tables), Acknowledgements, and References. Bulleted lists must not include for manuscript submission.
All tables for submitting manuscript should be numbered with Arabic numerals and this tables can be edit and not as images. Every table should have a caption. Headings should be placed above tables, centered. Only horizontal lines should be used within a table, to distinguish the column headings from the body of the table, and immediately above and below the table. Tables must be embedded into the text and not supplied separately. If the table get on other sources, write the name of source below the table, left justified. Below is an example which the authors may find useful.
Your table on manuscript as much as possible in one page, not continued into next page. It is for the sake of ease for Reader that read your manuscript. Also, for mentioning your table, please mention your table with the number of your table. For example, “… the result of our research is mention on Table 4 …”. And please not mention your table with this example, “… the result of our research is mention on Table below …”.
3.3. Format of references
References of your manuscript must be up to date (in the last of 5 to 10 years and minimum of 20 references that 80% of the references is from journal) and your reference can be accessed by anyone. Format of the references for submitting manuscript on this journal with style of Turabian Style Full note
(http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/turabian/turabian_citationguide.html). Please click here the style of footnote and bibliography, which can be done in MS Word. Reference of your manuscript is organized alphabetically. Here are example references format with style of Turabian Style Full note. Please input your references using Mendeley Application to facilitate you as an Author. Download Mendeley Application.
All figures should be numbered with Arabic numerals (1,2,3,….). Every figure should have a caption. All photographs, schemas, graphs and diagrams are to be referred to as figures. Line drawings should be good quality scans or true electronic output. Low-quality scans are not acceptable. Figures must be embedded into the text and not supplied separately. In MS word input the figures must be properly coded. Lettering and symbols should be clearly defined either in the caption or in a legend provided as part of the figure. Figures should be placed at the top or bottom of a page wherever possible, as close as possible to the first reference to them in the paper.
The figure number and caption should be typed below the illustration in 12 pt and centered. If the figures get on other sources, write the name of source below the figures, left justified. The figures on your manuscript must send separately from your manuscript with high resolution. Below is an example which the authors may find useful.
Equations and formula in manuscript should be typed in Math type and numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals in parentheses on the right side of the page (if referred to explicitly in the text). They should also be separated from the surrounding text by one space.
3.5. Online license transfer
All authors are required to complete the exclusive license transfer agreement before the manuscript can be published on Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat. This document of agreement can be downloaded on website, which they can do online. This transfer agreement to protect the copyrighted material for the authors but does not relinquish the authors’ proprietary rights. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, photographic reproductions, microfilm or any other reproductions of similar nature and translations. Authors are responsible for obtaining from the copyright holder, the permission to reproduce any figures for which copyright exists.
Conclusion of your manuscript is defined what is novelty of your manuscript to knowledge and to fruitfulness of your community engagement program, benefit for society or community and contribution theoretic from your manuscript. This conclusion is maximum 2 paragraph.
5. Acknowledgements (if any)
Acknowledgements on this manuscript at the end of the manuscript before the references and do not, therefor, include them on the title page or otherwise. List on this tab those individuals or company that provided help during your research. The example of providing your research, e.g., providing language help, writing assistance, data collect, proof reading the article, etc.
References of your manuscript must be up to date (in the last of 5 to 10 years and minimum of 20 references that 80% of the references is from journal) and your reference can be accessed by anyone. Format of the references for submitting manuscript on this journal with style of Turabian Style Full note (http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/turabian/turabian_citationguide.html). Please click here the style of footnote and bibliography, which can be done in MS Word. Reference of your manuscript is organized alphabetically. Here are example references format with style of Turabian Style Full note. Please input your references using Mendeley Application to facilitate you as an Author. Download Mendeley Application.
Ali, Ameer. The Spirit of Islam. Delhi: Santosh Offset, 1995
Faiz,Muhammad. "Khazanah Tasawuf Nusantara: Tarekat Naqsyabandiyyah Khalidiyyah di Malaysia" 'Anil Islam: Jurnal Kebudayaan dan Ilmu Keislaman, Volume 9 Nomor 2 (Desember 2016): 182-210, diakses 2 Maret 2017.http://jurnal.instika.ac.id/index.php/AnilIslam/article/view/14
Hurgronje, C. Snouck. Islam di Hindia Belanda, terj. S. Gunawan. Jakarta: Bhatara Aksara, 1983
Subhan, Abdus. “Social and Religious Reform Movements in the 19th Century Among the Muslims.” Dalam Social and Religious Movements, ed. S. P. Sen. Calcutta: Institute of Historical Studies, 1979.
Wahid, Abdul. “Belajar Strategi Pengembangan Kecerdasan Spritual pada Muhammad SAW.” Millah, Vol. III, No.2, Januari 2014.
Wahid, Abdul. Kala RasulBerduka. Bandung: Mizan, 2014.
Warits, Abd. “Manajemen Mutu Perguruan Tinggi Islam Pesantren (Studi atas Perkembangan Perguruan Tinggi Berbasis Pesantren di Madura).” (Tesis UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang, 2015)
Footnote is written using Garamond font, 9pt. The writing follows the following format:
Ameer Ali, The Spirit of Islam (Delhi: Santosh Offset, 1995), 73
2C. Snouck, Islam in the Dutch EastIndies, trans. S. Gunawan (Jakarta: Bhatara Literacy, 1983), 34.
4Ali, The Spirit, 60
5Abdus Subhan, "Social and Religious Reform Movements in the 19th Century Among the Muslims," the Social and Religious Movements, ed. SP Sen (Calcutta: Institute of Historical Studies, 1979), 34.
6Abdul Wahid, "Spiritual Intelligence Development Strategy Study on Muhammad," Millah,Vol. III, No. 2, January 2014, 189
7Abd.Warits, "ManajemenMutuPerguruanTinggi Islam Pesantren (StudiatasPerkembanganPerguruanTinggiBerbasisPesantren in Madura)," (Thesis UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang, 2015), 73.
8MuhammadFaiz, "KhazanahTasawuf Nusantara: TarekatNaqsyabandiyyahKhalidiyyah in Malaysia"'Anil Islam: JurnalKebudayaandanIlmuKeislaman[Online], Volume 9 Number 2 (December 2016): 185, accessed March 2, 2017,
Proofs and Copyright
Proofs will be sent by e-mail to the listed corresponding author. Any corrections must be returned within one week of receipt and should only cover typesetting errors. All corrections and the signed copyright form must be returned to us in one communication. Proofreading is solely the responsibility of the authors.
After publication, the Corresponding Author will receive one copy of the journal. The online published article can be freely accessed and downloaded from the website.
For further advice please contact:
Secretariat of Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat : ASOSIASI DOSEN PENGEMBANG MASYARAKAT (ADPEMAS), JL. Ahmad Yani 117 Surabaya 60237
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to ENGAGEMENT.
The copyright transfer agreement and publishing ethical statement gives the Publisher the permission of the author(s) to publish the Work, and it empowers the Publisher to protect the Work against unauthorized use and to properly authorize dissemination of the Work by means of printed publications, offprints, reprints, electronic files, licensed photocopies, microform editions, translations, document delivery and secondary information sources such as abstracting, reviewing and indexing services, including converting the Work into machine readable form and storing it in electronic databases. It also gives the author(s) broad rights of fair use.
The copyright transfer agreement and publishing ethical statement should be filled with respect to article and be signed originally and sent to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, or scanned document file (softcopy).
- Authors must declare all such interests (or their absence) in writing upon submission of a manuscript. This competing declaration includes conflicts or potential conflicts of all listed authors. If any conflicts are declared, ENGAGEMENT will publish them with the paper. In cases of doubt, the circumstance should be disclosed so that the editors may assess its significance.
All the listed authors are requested to fill in completely all section.
- Authors must submit the competing interest and publication ethics forms at supplementary files.
- Authors must follow ENGAGEMENT template and guideline.
- The submission file is in Open Office, Microsoft Word, RTF, or Word Perfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Typed at one side of white paper of A4 size, in single column, 1.5 space line, 10 point Garamond font and should be given line numbers. Margins on all four sides are 2 cm. All figures and tables are placed at the end of manuscript pages.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in AUTHOR GUIDELINE, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Authors must read the submission preparation check list carefully and obey ENGAGEMENT requirements.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (USD)
Authors are not required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Article Publication: 0.00 (USD)
Publication Ethics on Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat is based on Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). We have personalized this COPE that suitable from our journal such as: Authorship, Complaints, Conflict of Interest Policy, Publication Ethics (Authors, Editors, and Reviewers), Privacy Statement, Copyright, Publication Charges, About this Publishing System, Open Access Policy, Peer Review Process, and Disclaimer. For detail of this ethics, you can find the explanation below.
Authorship or a co-author means a person who has made a significant contribution to manuscript and who shares responsibilities and accountability of the results. If a manuscript is written by more than one author, you’ll choose one person to be the corresponding author. This person will handle all correspondence about the manuscript and sign the publishing agreement on behalf of all the authors. If you are a co-author, this means that
- You have made a significant contribution to the research, whether it is in the concept or design, acquisition of data, analysis and interpretation, or in all these areas.
- You have drafted, written, or revised the article.
- You have reviewed and agreed on the final version of the article before submission.
- You have agreed on the journal to which your manuscript will be submitted.
- You are aware that you are taking responsibility and accountability for the content of the manuscript.
- You are aware that the corresponding author will be acting on your behalf in any communication about the article, through submission, peer review, production, and after publication.
- In line with standard publishing ethics, if your article is found to be unsafe, have errors, in some way fraudulent, or in breach of the publishing agreement, that responsibility is shared by all named co-authors.
Authors who may have grievances about any aspect of their interaction with the ENGAGEMENT : JURNAL PENGABDIAN KEPADA MASYARAKAT should e-mail the Editor-in-Chief by email. All questions or complaints will be responded within 7 days. If required, the Editor-in-Chief will consult with other editors regarding the complaint. The Editor-in-Chief will liaise directly with the complainant and thoroughly explain the steps they have taken to resolve the matter.
Conflict of Interest Policy
Authors who submit their manuscripts to Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat must disclose all relationship or interest that could influence, or bias the work. Although authors may not be aware of potential conflicts, disclosure of relationships and interest affords a more transparent process, leading to an accurate and objective assessment of the work. A few potential conflicts of interests that are directly or indirectly related to the research may include but are not limited to the following:
- Research grants from funding agencies (please give the research funder and the grant number)
- Honoraria for speaking at conferences
- Financial support for attending conferences
- Financial support for educational programs
- Support from a project sponsor
- Position on advisory board or board of directors or other type of management relationships
- Multiple affiliations
- Intellectual property rights (e.g. patents, copyrights and royalties from such rights)
The corresponding author of the manuscript will include a summary statement on the title page that is separate from their manuscript. This statement reflects what is recorded in the potential conflict of interest disclosure form(s).
Publication Ethics - Authors
- Reporting Standard: Reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient details and references to permit others to replicate the work.
- Originality and Plagiarism: The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
- Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication: An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior which is not accepted.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
- Fundamental errors in published works: When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Publication Ethics - Editors
- Fair Play: An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
- Confidentiality: The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a sub-mitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
- Criteria of Editors: Editors, both local and international, should have a, minimum of H Index / Scopus ID or a paper or manuscript published in an International Journal with a Scopus Index, especially on the topic of Community Engagement. An editor can help the reviewers to give an input to manuscript beside the result of review by reviewer.
- Publication Decisions: The editorial board is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal to be published. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
- Review of Manuscripts: Editors must ensure that each manuscript is initially evaluated for originality. The editor should organize and use peer review fairly and wisely. Editors should explain their peer review processes in the information for authors and also indicate which parts of the journal are peer reviewed. Editor should use appropriate peer reviewers for papers that are considered for publication by selecting people with sufficient expertise and avoiding those with conflicts of interest.
Publication Ethics - Reviewers
- Contribution to Editorial Decisions: Peer reviewers assist the editors in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author for improving the paper.
- Criteria of Reviewers: Reviewers, both local and international, must have a paper or manuscript which have been published in International Journal with a Scopus Index, especially on the topic of Community Engagement. And also the reviewers have been publish an article with the same theme with the manuscript that will be reviewing. Or the reviewer have a community engagement program with the same theme.
- Standards of Objectivity: Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Confidentiality: Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
- Disclosure and Conflict of Interest: Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by relevant citations. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Time Periode of Reviewing: Reviewers should review the manuscript within 1 until 2 month (maximum). And total of reviewer every manuscript is 2 reviewer (minimum) and 5 reviewer (maximum).
The names and email addresses entered on this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
In order for ENGAGEMENT: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat to publish and disseminate research manuscripts, we need publishing rights. This is determined by a publishing agreement between the author and Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat. This publishing agreement deals with the transfer or license of the copyright to ENGAGEMENT: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat and authors retain significant rights to use and share their own published articles. For submitted manuscripts, ENGAGEMENT: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat is granted the following rights:
- The right to provide the manuscripts in all forms and media, so they can be used on the later issues.
- The authority to enforce the rights in the manuscript, on behalf of an author, for example in the case of plagiarism or in copyright infringement.
Copyright of ENGAGEMENT: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat is also to protect the specific way the manuscript which has been written to describe an experiment and the results. ENGAGEMENT : JURNAL PENGABDIAN KEPADA MASYARAKAT is pledged to its authors to protect and defend their research and takes allegations of infringement, plagiarism, ethic disputes and fraud. Moreover, this means that your manuscript can assure attribution of your work, by making sure you are identified as the author, and you can act as stewards of the scholary record on your research.
About This Publishing System
This journal uses Open Journal Systems, which is an open source journal management and publishing software developed, supported, and freely distributed by the Public Knowledge Project under the GNU General Public License.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research available to the public for free supports a greater global exchange of knowledge in term of community engagement. This journal is accessible on the public internet, permitting any users (academics, students, lecturer, etc.) to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and also to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially (CC BY-SA 4.0).
Peer Review Process
All articles submitted to the editorial staff will go through Initial Review processes by the Editorial Board. Then, the articles will be sent to peer reviewers for the next step of the selection, the Double-Blind Review Process. As soon as the double blind review process is finished, the articles will be returned to the authors for revision. These processes can take up to 1 month. Each manuscript will be peer-reviewed in terms of the substantial and technical aspects. The peer review team are all experienced in the management and publication of national and international academic journal.
Opinions expressed in articles and creative pieces published on the ENGAGEMENT : JURNAL PENGABDIAN KEPADA MASYARAKAT are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editorial board or the publisher.
Engagement: Jurnal Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat Universitas Indonesia is currently licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License